ASH WEDNESDAY, March 1
We will observe Ash Wednesday with a Renewal of Baptismal Vows on Wednesday March 1 at 6:30 PM.
Rev. David Garrison will deliver the sermon “Come to the Water.” Rev. Dwayne Durham will serve as liturgist.
A quintet comprised of Karey Garrison, Cindy Leonard, Gayle Stepp, Tommy Brendel, and Jack Dublyn will sing “Balm in Gilead” a traditional spiritual, “A Heart Like Thine” by Vandeventer, “Fill My Cup, Lord” by Blanchard, and “Springs of Living Water” by Peterson. Pianist, John Bayne, will accompany the congregational singing of the hymns “The Church’s One Foundation,” “Breathe on me Breath of God,” and “Lift High the Cross.” The community is invited to attend and participate. Everyone is welcome!
SUNDAY, April 2
Special music for the 5th Sunday in Lent includes an Instrumental Ensemble comprised of Violin: Louise Weber; Clarinet: Kathleen Reid and Patricia Daniel; Trombone: Tommy Brendel will play the Hymns and special music during Communion.
PALM SUNDAY, April 9
8:30 Sermon, "The Donkey," by Bill Campbell
*8:30 special music: Piano solos by Christian Maxey.
10:45 King Street Praise Service in Chapel; Sermon by Bill Campbell.
10:55 Sermon by Bill Campbell
* Opening Hymn “All Glory, Laud, and Honor” accompanied by Handbell Choir and Organ.
Monday, April 10
RADIO BROADCAST 1450 AM
*Pastor Campbell’s syndicated broadcast “Beyond Words Radio”
Tuesday, April 11
CREATIVE BEGINNINGS PROGRAM IN SANCTUARY
*10:00am Preschool Palm Processional and singing songs of Palm Sunday and Eastertide
MAUNDY THURSDAY, April 13
Catered Dinner at 5:30 in Fellowship Hall.
* We will observe Maundy Thursday on April 13 at 6:30 PM by celebrating Holy Communion and the presentation of a musical including Hymns and songs arranged by Hal Hopson. The choir will be accompanied by Gayle Stepp, Director of Music/ Organist and Violinist, Louise Weber. Selections include: “O Sacred Head, Now Wounded,” “All Who Pass This Way,” “The Cup of Love,” “Could You Not Watch,” “Ah, Holy Jesus,” “Crucify Him!” “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross,” and “Were You There.” Kathie Hunter, Rick Stewart, Jerry Miller, Thomas Leonard, Diane Norman, Bob Hicks, Sandee Carpenter, and Rhoda Suesz will tell the story of Holy Week through a series of readings. A special piano prelude of meditative music will be played by Sarah Macdonald before the service, beginning at 6:15. Rev. Bill Campbell will deliver the sermon.
EASTER SUNDAY, April 16
8:30 Sermon by Pastor Bill Campbell
* Special music: “He’s Alive” by Don Francisco, and “Jesus Rose” by Rollo Dilworth, sung by Rena Johnson.
10:45 King Street Praise Service in Chapel; sermon by Bill Campbell
10:55 Sermon by Pastor Bill Campbell: “Keep It Quiet!”
* Special Music for Easter Sunday includes an ensemble comprised of Clarinet: Kathleen Reid and Patricia Daniel, and Trombone: Tommy Brendel will accompany the Congregation in an Opening Easter Hymn Medley.
* Our Creative Dramatics Team (FIRE, SPARK, and Sunday a.m. KINGDOM KIDS) will share a piece entitled, "Arise My Love," at both the 10:55 a.m. and King Street Easter Sunday services.